2009 Articles: Rochester Guitar Club
(Find other articles: 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007.)
- January 2, 2010 — Playlist from December 21 RGC Meeting at Abilene - Thanks to Mark Grover for putting together this play list in my absence! I am sure you will enjoy...
- November 19, 2009 — Playing Effortlessly for Guitar Players & Other String Players by Physical Therapist Fred Onufryk, November 16, 2009 - Fred O’s techniques won’t fix our playing/performance problems overnight, but do offer a means to gradual process improvements.
- November 11, 2009 — Visit to the C. F. Martin Factory, October 2009 - Great tour, great museum, great gift shop, great experience - highly recommended!
- November 1, 2009 — A Day at the Buffalo Guitar Show, November 1, 2009 - When the next date comes, you know where I’ll be. These events are just plain cool to attend!
- October 20, 2009 — RGC Meeting and Play List, October 19, 2009 - Norm Tibbils acquires a guitar; an introduction to Billy McLaughlin’s recovery from Focal Dystonia, and an entertaining play list.
- October 12, 2009 — Kinloch Nelson Trio at the Little Theater Cafe, September 26, 2009 - So, for the price of a slice of strawberry cream cake ... I was treated to an extended lesson on chord voicings and placement, improvisation ...
- September 23, 2009 — RGC’s First Meeting and Play List at Abilene, September 21, 2009 - Abilene is a small but inviting night club with the typical refreshments...
- August 22, 2009 — George Collichio Presents “Looping & Special Effects,” August 18, 2009 - Most importantly, you must keep it musical...Your electronics are only as good as what you do with them.
- August 18, 2009 — Steve Rapson’s Workshop on Solo Performance, August 16, 2009 - ...based on his book The Art of the Solo Performer
- July 21, 2009 — RGC Meeting and Play List, July 20, 2009 - The evening featured a mini-presentation by Ross Bracco speaking about his own personal approach to guitar playing.
- June 22, 2009 — A Day at GFA, June 2009 - I would say the highlight of the event for me was seeing the youth ensembles...
- June 20, 2009 — Tantalus Concert sponsored by RGC and Nazareth College in Wilmot Hall, June 14, 2009 - …this was a very tightly knit group with good control of dynamics and a variety of techniques in their toolbox.
- June 19, 2009 — Professor Dan Beaumont presents Son House, June 15, 2009 - The more he heard of his great influence on so many pivotal musicians, and of his legendary recordings, the more interesting a figure House became.
- May 21, 2009 — RGC Meeting and Play List, May 18, 2009 - The May 18 RGC meeting was attended by a small, but devoted group of guitarists.
- May 13, 2009 — A Variety of Styles, May 1, 2009 - Second Annual Presenters’ Concert Notes
- April 26, 2009 — Professor David Headlam presents blues man, Robert Johnson, April 20, 2009 - joined by Professor Wayne “Kimo” Knox and Fred Vine
- April 5, 2009 — Slack Key Guitar and the Blues - University of Rochester music lecture series
- March 18, 2009 — John Williamson — an Introduction to Blues Improvisation plus a Playlist, March 16, 2009 - Thanks, John, for getting us started!
- March 14, 2009 — Smith & Adams Concert, March 9, 2009 - ...bringing things together is what these folks do best!
- March 1, 2009 — David Stutzman Guitar Manufacture Presentation, February 16, 2009 - A good dealer helps by getting people to find what is good for their playing rather than type-casting themselves by model or brand.
- January 20, 2009 — January Meeting Playlist, January 19, 2009 - As we have often heard before the range of various acoustic styles was impressive.
About Us ::
Contact Us ::
Links :: Online Forum
©2007-2008, Rochester Guitar Club, All Rights Reserved, This page last updated 2011-03-31 20:24:51
Website by Red Beagle Web Development.